Craving for a real nice dessert, but want it more exciting? Then we have something special for you: why not try the classic chocolate mousse with a peppermint twist? Creamy, fluffy light chocolate paired with that fresh and mild peppermint taste, a real treat!
- 1/2 Gelatine Sheet (white)
- 2 Tea Bags TEEKANNE Peppermint
- 85 g Bittersweet Chocolate
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Sugar
- 250 ml Whipped Cream
- 1 Sachet of Cream Stiffener
- 1 Sachet of Vanilla Sugar
- Fresh Peppermint Leaves
- 2 Tablespoons of Chopped Green Pistachios
Preparation Time: 25 Minutes (without cooling time)
How to Prepare:
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatine over cold water and let stand until softened, about 1 minute. Boil 60 ml of water, pour the boiling water over the tea bags and let the tea steep. Meanwhile, chop the chocolate into small pieces, place it in a metal bowl and let it melt over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Stir the chocolate smooth and let it cool in room temperature.
- Remove tea bags. In a separate metal bowl mix tea, egg yolk and sugar. Place the bowl over gently simmering water and whisk to blend until you get a smooth and thick mixture. Squeeze gelatine out; dissolve it in the tea mixture.
- Gently fold the chocolate in the tea mixture and stir until you get a smooth and well blended mixture. Whisk whipped cream until stiff, slowly adding the cream stiffener and vanilla sugar. Mix about 1/3 of the cream into the chocolate mixture and stir until smooth. Then gently fold in the rest of the cream. Place chocolate mousse into a clean bowl.
- Refrigerate covered for 3 hours. Just before serving, decorate with pistachios and peppermint leaves.
Serve with slices of vanilla-pears: Mix 80 g powdered sugar with 100 ml wine or apple juice, the pulp of a vanilla pod and a tablespoon of lemon juice. Heat the mixture. Add two pears (in slices) to the mixture and cook covered for 3-4 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly and serve with the mousse.