To change cookie settings, click here.
Information on data protection for website visitors, customers and interested persons, in accordance with Articles 13, 14, 21 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Data protection is an important concern for TEEKANNE GmbH & Co. KG. In the following, we will inform you how your data is processed by us and what rights you are entitled to.
As a visitor to our website, you expect a high level of quality not only from our products, but also when processing your personal data. We therefore process personal data in strict compliance with the provisions of the GDPR and national data protection laws and only if a legal provision permits this or if you have given your prior consent. Personal data is data by which you are identified or can be identified.
1. Responsible office and data protection officer
Responsible for the collection and processing of personal data:
TEEKANNE GmbH & Co. KG (TEEKANNE)
legally represented by TEEKANNE Holding GmbH & Co. KG
Kevelaerer Str. 21-23
If you have any questions regarding data protection or data security, please contact our data protection officer:
Mr. Woldemar Koschel
2. Your rights in data protection & right of withdrawal
Your personal data will be processed in accordance with the provisions of the GDPR, the Federal Data Protection Act BDSG and other relevant data protection regulations. The processing and use of the individual data depends on the agreed or requested service. Our contract documents, forms, declarations of consent and the other information made available to you (e.g. on the website or in the terms and conditions) provide you with further details and additions regarding the processing purposes.
2.1 Consent (Art. 6 para. 1 a GDPR)
Consent to the processing of personal data that you have given us is considered the legal basis for the aforementioned processing.
2.2 Fulfilment of contractual obligations (Art. 6 para. 1 b GDPR)
We process your personal data for the execution of our contracts with you, i.e. in particular for the initiation and processing of orders. Furthermore, your personal data is processed for the implementation of measures and activities within the scope of pre-contractual relations.
2.3 Fulfilment of legal obligations (Art. 6 para. 1 c GDPR)
We process your personal data if this is necessary to fulfil legal obligations. Legal obligations exist with regard to, among other things
- Comparisons with European and international anti-terrorism lists
- Fulfilment of control and reporting obligations under tax law
- Archiving of data for data protection and data security purposes
- Inspection by tax and other authorities
In addition, the disclosure of personal data may be required by governmental or judicial actions for the purpose of obtaining evidence, prosecuting a criminal offence or enforcing civil claims.
2.4 Justified interest of us or third parties (Art. 6 para. 1 GDPR)
We may also use your personal data on the basis of a balancing of interests to protect the legitimate interest of us or third parties for the following purposes:
- for advertising or market research, if you have not objected to the use of your data
- for the collection of information and the exchange of data with credit agencies, if we consider it necessary
- for the limited storage of your data, if deletion is not possible or only possible at disproportionately high expense due to the special type of storage
- for comparison with European and international anti-terrorist lists, if this goes beyond the legal obligations
- for the further development of services and products and existing systems and processes
- for securing and exercising our domiciliary rights through appropriate measures (e.g. video surveillance)
2.5 Right of appeal to a supervisory authority
You have the right to object to the processing of your data at any time if the legal requirements are met. If you object to the processing of your data for advertising purposes or wish to revoke any consent you have given, please contact our data protection officer or contact TEEKANNE GmbH & Co. KG. Your data will then no longer be processed for the purposes covered by the objection or revocation of consent. This also applies to profiling based on this provision in accordance with Art. 4 No. 4 GDPR. The legality of the processing carried out up to the time of the objection or revocation remains unaffected. Following your objection to the processing of your personal data for advertising purposes or the revocation of your consent, we are obliged under data protection law in accordance with the requirements of the German data protection supervisory authorities to include the data required for this purpose (name, address, e-mail address) in our internal advertising blacklist and to block it permanently – for this purpose only (Art. 21 para. 3, Art. 17 para. 3 b, Art. 6 para. 1 c GDPR). In this way, compliance with your advertising objection or the revocation of your consent can be permanently ensured.
Furthermore, if the legal requirements are met, you have the
- Right to information under Art. 15 GDPR
- Right of rectification under Art. 16 GDPR
- Right of cancellation under Art. 17 GDPR
- Right to restrict processing under Art. 18 GDPR
- Right to data transferability from Art. 20 GDPR
If necessary, please contact our data protection officer at the communication addresses listed there (see contact details under item 1).
Furthermore, you have the right of appeal (Art. 77 GDPR) to a competent data protection supervisory authority. The supervisory authority responsible for us is:
The State Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information of North Rhine-Westphalia
3. What are mandatory or required fields?
If certain data fields are designated as mandatory fields during collection and/or marked with an asterisk (*), the provision of this data is either required by law or contract, or we need this data for the conclusion of the contract, the requested service or the stated purpose. The provision of the data is of course also at your discretion in the case of the mandatory fields. Failure to provide such data may mean that we are unable to fulfil the contract or provide the requested service or achieve the stated purpose.
4. How long do we store your data?
If necessary, we process your personal data for the duration of our business relationship. In addition, we are subject to various storage and documentation obligations, which result from the German Commercial Code (HGB) and the German Fiscal Code (AO), among others. The periods of retention and documentation stipulated there are up to ten years after the end of the business relationship or the pre-contractual legal relationship.
Finally, the storage period is also assessed according to the statutory limitation periods, which, for example, according to §§ 195 et seq. of the German Civil Code (BGB), can generally be three years, but in certain cases up to thirty years.
The stated storage periods may be extended accordingly if, in individual cases, especially if the data are processed for different purposes, there is a longer statutory or contractual storage period.
5. Contact / inquiries
If you have any questions or requests, we are at your disposal.
We process your data to answer your product or service inquiries. The communication of address and telecommunication data marked as mandatory data is necessary to process and answer your request. Without this data, we will generally not be able to conclude a contract with you or fulfil your request.
The voluntary provision of further data makes it easier for us to process your request. We store the information from your enquiry for six years after answering the enquiry if it is a commercial or business letter (§ 257 para. 4 HGB, Art. 6 para. 1 c GDPR).
6. Information about cookies
The following links will inform you about this possibility for the most frequently used browsers:
If you have not made or are making any other settings, cookies, which enable and ensure the necessary technical functions, will remain on your end device until the browser is closed. Other cookies may remain on your end device for longer.
7. Categories of personal data processed by us
As a rule, we process the following personal data:
- Personal data (first name, surname, profession/industry and comparable data)
- Contact details (address, e-mail address, telephone number and similar data)
- Customer history
If necessary, we process personal data from public sources (e.g. Internet, media, press, commercial and association registers) and, if necessary for the provision of our services, personal data that we have lawfully received from third parties (e.g. address publishers, credit agencies).
8. Processing of personal data on our website
We will pass on your personal data within our company to those areas that require this data to fulfil contractual and legal obligations or to implement our legitimate interests.
In addition, the following departments may receive your data:
- contract processors employed by us (Art. 28 GDPR) especially in the areas: IT services, logistics services, suppliers, external computer centres, controlling, auditing services, credit institutions, courier services and logistics
- public bodies and institutions if there is a legal or official obligation to which we are obliged to provide information, report or pass on data or if the passing on of data is in the public interest
- bodies and institutions within the scope of the purposes mentioned under item 2.4 (e.g. authorities, credit agencies, debt collection, lawyers, courts, experts, companies and bodies belonging to the Group, supervisory bodies, factoring companies)
- other entities for which you have given your consent to the transfer of data (e.g. dealers or business partners)
- Posting, tracking and cookie service provider
The TEEKANNE GmbH & Co. KG processes so-called server log files. When you access our website, our web server records the domain name or IP address of your computer, the file name and the URL which was requested, the http response code and, if applicable, the URL referring to our website. This procedure is technically necessary to enable the use of our website. We are supported in this by our technical service providers, which we use as processors. The above-mentioned data is logged and used for the purpose of defending against illegal use or attempted attacks on our web server (Art. 6 para. 1 f GDPR). The data is deleted after 6 months.
Our website contains links to other websites. TEEKANNE is not responsible and accepts no liability for the data protection measures and/or the content of these websites.
9. Automated case-by-case decision-making (including profiling)
We only use automated decision-making procedures in accordance with Article 22 GDPR for credit assessments. Should we use other automated decision-making procedures in individual cases, we will inform you of this separately if law requires this.
10. Data security
We take technical and organizational security measures to protect your personal data against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction or against access by unauthorized persons and to ensure the protection of your rights and compliance with the applicable data protection regulations of the EU and the Federal Republic of Germany. The measures taken are intended to guarantee the confidentiality and integrity of your data and to ensure the availability and resilience of the systems and services in processing your data in the long term. They are also intended to quickly restore the availability of and access to your data in the event of a physical or technical incident. Our security measures also include encryption of your data. All information that you enter online is technically encrypted and only then transmitted. As a result, unauthorized third parties cannot view this information at any time. Our data processing and security measures are continuously improved in accordance with technological developments. The employees of TEEKANNE GmbH & Co. KG are or will be bound in writing to confidentiality and to compliance with the data protection requirements of the GDPR.
11. Adaptation of the data protection declaration
TEEKANNE GmbH & Co. KG