Sweet Tea – Syrup for Cold Brew
Tea syrup is a perfect alternative to ready-made iced teas in the summer, which also refreshes you. By pouring the sweet companion with cold water, whether still or sparkling, the real treat unfolds. It also makes an extraordinary gift for your loved ones. With just a few ingredients, you can create a delicious tea with a syrupy flair that will melt in your mouth. It is ideal for your next barbecue at the lake or for a cosy get-together with the family in the wonderfully shaded garden.
Tea: The Syrup to Your Taste
Tea is an excellent syrup to make, which can be adapted to your personal taste. You can make it the way you like it: with more or less sugar, with fruits of your choice and your favourite tea. There are no limits to your imagination if you want to pour your tea cold. In our tea syrup recipe, we explain how you can create your own summer treat.
Ingredients for 1 Litre of Syrup:
- 600 g brown sugar
- 700 ml water
- 6 organic lemons
- 3 organic oranges
- 5 bags of fruit or black tea of your choice (for example TEEKANNE Rosehip & Hibiscus)
- Decoration as desired
- Wash your lemons and oranges in hot water and dry them.
- Set aside one orange and two lemons to garnish your tea syrup later.
- Squeeze the remaining fruit and pour the juice into a saucepan.
- Now add the brown sugar, the water and the tea bags of your choice to the fruit juice.
- Tip: You can use the entire TEEKANNE range, depending on what you like best and how you want to create your syrup. For fruit power, we recommend the TEEKANNE Rosehip & Hibiscus.
- When all the ingredients are in the pot, you can bring the contents to the boil. As soon as it boils, stir everything through and let your composition simmer for another 10 minutes. If you are using a bag of black tea, take it out after 3 to 5 minutes. You can leave a fruit tea to steep for longer if you like.
- Pour the syrup into previously prepared and sterile bottles.
- Your homemade tea syrup is ready!
- As soon as the syrup has cooled down, you can serve it: Simply pour the syrup into a glass, pour on the cold tea and garnish with the remaining oranges and lemons. If you like, you can also add fresh herbs.