Mother’s Day Recipe – A Culinary Surprise for Mum
Mum is the best – there’s no denying that and it’s not going to change! That’s why it makes sense to come up with something special for Mum every year on Mother’s Day to say a big thank you. Thank you for everything she has done for us all our lives. Thank you for always being there for us. Thank you for just being there. What you can probably do to please all mothers is a culinary treat, which is why we have a very special recipe for you: a delicious, fruity strawberry cake and a refreshing iced tea to pour cold at home to go with it.
For the Base:
- 200g biscuits
- 100g butter, melted
- 2 tbsp honey
For the Filling:
- 600g strawberries, sliced
- 700g cream cheese
- 700ml whipped cream, whipped
- 2 sachets jelly, lemon flavour
- 1 pkg. gelatine
- 4 pkg. vanilla sugar
- 5 tbsp sugar
For the Glaze:
- 400g strawberries
- 100ml whipped cream
- 1 pkg gelatine
- 100g sponge cake, crumbled
- Crumble the biscuits and mix with honey and melted butter. Pour into a springform pan and press the mixture down. Bake in the preheated oven at 180°C for approx. 15 minutes. Leave to cool.
- Mix the jelly with half the amount of water given on the packet instructions and dissolve the sugar in it. Whip the cream until stiff and prepare the gelatine according to the instructions on the packet. Then mix the jelly, gelatine and cream cheese together, carefully fold in the whipped cream.
- Cover the biscuit base with a layer of the cream, place strawberries on top, another layer of the cream, more strawberries and finish with another layer of cream. Now place in the fridge for about 3 hours.
- Prepare the gelatine according to the instructions on the packet. Put 4 strawberries aside – puree the rest and mix with the gelatine. Pour the mixture over the cake and refrigerate for another hour. Then whip the whipped cream and spread dots over the cake. Cut the remaining strawberries in half and place on top of the whipped cream. Crumble the biscuits and carefully press them onto the tier.
Sensational Refreshment with Cool Sensations
Of course, a delicious cake also needs a refreshing drink, like a cool Cool Sensations “Strawberry-Orange” or cocktail-like Berry Mojito (alcohol-free). You can prepare and enjoy this in just a few minutes: put ice cubes in a glass, add tea bags and simply pour on cold tap water at home. After 5-8 minutes you can enjoy your cold infused iced tea, 100% tea, no sugar and 0% calories, together with your mum.